Tuesdays are always FREE for Illinois residents.
Enjoy an evening of free music on the MCA's Anne and John Kern Terrace Garden with our annual summer performance series highlighting artists from Chicago's internationally renowned jazz community.
Jun 4: Dee Alexander
Jun 11: Mike Reed with Special Guests
Jun 18: Alexis Lombre
Jun 25: Natalie Lande Trio
Jul 2: Katie Ernst’s Little Words
Jul 9: James Sanders & Conjunto
Jul 16: Joshua Abrams and Chad Taylor
Jul 23: Tatsu Aoki’s The Miyumi Project
Jul 30: Maggie Brown
Aug 6: Victor Garcia Organ Quintet
Aug 13: Carolyn Fitzhugh Quartet
Aug 20: Ben LaMar Gay
Aug 27: Isaiah Collier and the Chosen Few
Sep 3: Art Turk Burton and the Congo Square Ensemble
Sep 10: Julius Tucker Trio
Sep 17: Thaddeus Tukes on the Vibes
Sep 24: Junius Paul
Performances occur every Tuesday, June–September, from 5:30–8 pm, and are hosted by Al Carter-Bey, from WDCB 90.9 FM, with Richton Guy Thomas, from WHPK 88.5 FM.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed at this event.
- Lawn chair rentals are available to members for free or $5 the general public.
- Galleries are open until 9 pm; we encourage guests to visit during intermission (6:30–7 pm) or after the show. Museum admission is free for Illinois residents on Tuesdays.
- In case of rain, the event takes place inside the MCA’s Kovler Atrium.
- Tuesdays on the Terrace are free for all visitors. Museum admission is always free on Tuesdays for Illinois residents, who can also view the blockbuster summer exhibition Virgil Abloh: "Figures of Speech" (Jun 10–Sep 22) for free on Tuesdays by visiting the museum and reserving tickets for day-of entry. The MCA will be open Mondays throughout the run of the exhibition. Take a look at our FAQ page for more information.
Dining options on Tuesdays include seasonal offerings on the upper terrace and in the garden. Both locations include a full bar with cold beverages, wine, and cocktails. Tables are available on the upper terrace on a first come, first served basis and there is no table service. A range of catering options are available for parties of 8+ or 20+ guests attending Tuesdays on the Terrace that include reserved seating. For more information, call 312-397-3805.
Guests may also reserve a table at the MCA’s restaurant, Marisol, located on the first floor of the museum. However, music played on the museum’s terrace will not be audible from this location.
WDCB 90.9 is the official media sponsor of Tuesdays on the Terrace.
Tuesdays on the Terrace is made possible in part by a generous gift from Luminarts Cultural Foundation, supported by Cherilyn and Michael Murer.