Images of Doris Salcedo, Atrabiliarios
- MCA Talk:
Howenstein + Saona on Doris Salcedo–Talks
- Short A modern government building at a busy intersection is dotted with chairs that are suspended from the roof top.
- Short More than two dozen identical wooden chairs hang at varying lengths from the roof of a stone building along a busy street.
- MCA Talk:
- Short Soiled white dress shirts are folded and stacked on top of one another.
- Short A grayish tunic made entirely out of small metal sewing needles hangs from a white wall.
- Short A pale gray, translucent tunic hangs on a wall. It appears to be made of short, thin, overlapping lines.
- Long Hanging from two barely visible hooks on a white wall is what appears to be a very thin translucent grey fabric in the form of a cardigan. The garment has sleeves, with its open side facing the wall. Upon closer inspection, one realizes that the fabric is made of hundreds, if not thousands, of sewing needles held to one another with a barely visible white silk thread. The artwork gives the initial impression of being a simple fabric but as the viewer realizes that the piece is meticulously made of so many sharp and hard pieces, the illusion of soft folds become more impressive. The fabric looks weightless, like a ghost fabric.