MCA Stories: Contributions
The Museum of Contemporary Art (“MCA” or “museum”) intends to publish a website, MCA Stories, to share visitor-submitted ideas and information. To support the contribution and collection of stories, images, and recordings, the MCA has developed this interface. Your contributions submitted through the interface are subject to the following conditions:
- You are solely responsible for any content that you submit.
- By submitting content, you grant the MCA and those authorized by the MCA permission to use it for any educational, promotional, or other museum purpose.
- You will not post any content that is off-topic, partisan-political, contains personal attacks or expletives, or is otherwise abusive, threatening, unlawful, harassing, discriminatory, libelous, obscene, false, pornographic, or that infringes on the rights of any third party.
- You will only post content that is yours or for which you have received permission from the person or entity that owns the content and the related intellectual property rights.
- You will not insert your own or a third party’s advertising or promotional content into your posting.
- You understand that the MCA may monitor or review content; copyedit it; edit it for length or suitability; augment it with finding aids such as tags, titles, or descriptions; and crop and select any submitted images or video.
- The choice to publish or not publish any submitted content is solely the decision of the MCA, and the museum reserves the right to delete or unpublish any content at any time.
- You understand that the MCA assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the posting of your content or for any error, defamation, libel, omission, obscenity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any posted information or from any failure or delay in removing such content.
- You will not introduce any software viruses, worms, or other programs designed to damage software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment.
- You are over the age of 13.
Though the MCA is the owner of the compilation of content published to MCA websites, including MCA Stories, the museum may not be the owner or copyright holder of any individual component of the compilation, including text, images, video, or audio. Individual components of the compilation may be owned by the MCA as copyright holder; may be published with permission from others; or may be in the public domain or published under terms of Fair Use. As such, visitors are invited to use the site(s) for any personal, educational, and nonprofit purpose, but are encouraged to seek any necessary rights from the appropriate rightsholder.
Links to Third Party Sites
You have the option to provide links to content hosted on third-party sites. The MCA may link to such third-party sites not under the museum's control. These links are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only, and they do not indicate the MCA’s endorsement, sponsorship of, or affiliation with the third party or content of the linked website, including any advertisements that may be posted. The MCA has no control over, makes no representation or warranty, and bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality, or content of the externally linked sites.